Thursday, December 18, 2008
Safe
We left our driveway at 8 am to make the trip to the lake for Christmas. Our goal was to get out of dodge before the icestorm. We made the trip with only a few drops of rain. We even saw a bit of sunshine. I haven't checked, but the peoria area was supposed to get at least a half an inch of ice. I am thankful we got out ahead of it. If we had waited, we would probably be stuck until after Christmas! (I want a space here but it won'tlet me) Right now I am praying that the power doesn't go out in Peoria due to the ice. If that happens I am afraid pipes could burst in our apartment and flood our basement. And we won't know until a week later. But for now, we are safe and warm in Southern Illinois. And I can enjoy at least a few days without snow and ice.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
So far the power has been fine in Morton, and there were no reports on the news about outages. I think your pipes will be fine. Enjoy your CHRISTmas!
ReplyDelete