Thursday, April 24, 2008

What we've been up to

It rained a lot on Saturday. The worms came out. These aren't your ordinary worms. I think these qualify as night crawlers. When I was little, we would water my grandparent's yard in the evening when we visited them north of Chicago. Then we would go out with flashlights and pull these fat worms out of the ground. Great fishing worms. My boys haven't had much contact with worms and you can sure tell. Noah refused to touch them. He picked them up with a stick. Elijah hasn't been influenced yet, so he had no problem grabbing them. They put them back in the mud where Noah had poked holes for them to crawl back into. Elijah had to put them right into the hole. It was great fun. These boys will be country boys if I have anything to say about it. ( I think all the pictures were taken with mom's camera, so send me some please).

There is a lot of construction going on around us. We are at the end of a cove which is a great place for the boys to play. There is a pile of dirt at the end of the sidewalk. I bought each boy a bucket and shovel and they have been digging in the dirt, flinging dirt, dumping dirt. Great fun.




We also had to buy new sidewalk chalk because I couldn't find ours. Oh and new bubbles too.

We have only met a few people, but they are all very nice and helpful. Behind us, there is a house with a lot of land and chickens and horses. We ran into the lady who lives there on a walk and she said we were welcome to come over and show the boys the horses. Hopefully we'll get to do that soon.

So far, Terril is really liking Cat. He has an awesome, flexible boss. He has come home early every day so far because he isn't involved in a project yet. He is just trying to meet people and learn the products. It sounds like as long as he does his work, puts in his 8 hours, he can leave when/if he needs to. It will be nice if he comes home a little earlier than 5.

I took all 3 to Wal-mart Monday. It went well until Noah had to go to the bathroom. I had Leah in the front carrier. Had to carry Elijah and the diaper bag to get Noah in the bathroom. Then my system was messed up and I had put my list away so i forgot half the things I needed--like the milk! Needless to say, we have stayed home the rest of the week.

Leah has been showing some beautiful smiles. I finally got a few pictures of them. These aren't the best ones, but they'll have to do for now.

1 comment:

  1. Glad you guys are getting settled. Looking forward to getting up there to see you guys in the next few weeks.

    ReplyDelete