Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Thank goodness for spring!

It's been a bit of a crazy few days in our house. E is not feeling well, so he's been crabby and draggy. Monday night, L put her hands in the drawer under the stove, which was on. Suddenly she is screaming bloody murder. She burned the top of one finger and the two of two. That is peach juice on her hands, not related to the burn. It took 30 minutes to calm her down. This was of course right at dinner time. E starts screaming too. I don't remember if there was a reason or if it was just because he didn't feel good, L was screaming, I was tending to her. Anway, both screamed all through dinner. Poor N was sitting at the table all by himself trying to eat while we tried to calm the other two down.
They finally snapped out of it when we went outside for a walk. Since then the burn hasn't bothered L at all. I am trying to keep a bandaid on it during the day, but take it off at night. So far so good.

Yesterday, all the kiddos were dressed in green. I kept E home from MDO so he ran errands with L and I. They both fell asleep in the car on the way to get N. They ended up with a 30-45 min nap so of course neither would sleep at actual nap time. So instead we went to the park early. We took snacks with us and just enjoyed the 75 ! degree day.


On the way to the park. The only pic I got with all 3. I think E was just mad because we weren't moving.
I think this was his perkiest moment of the day. The rest of the time he just wandered around the playground.

He followed Noah around too of course.


We are so excited to now have recyling pick up! It only comes every other week though. We didn't recycle in the apartment because we just didn't have the space to keep it. I felt sick everytime I threw away a formula can or applesauce jar.

We get one recyling bin free from the city. I think I'm going to need at least two more! That brown box is full too. And we have so much less trash. Before both trashcans were overflowing. This week, the one can only has one bag in it. Yippee! I feel so much better about it all now.

2 comments:

  1. Ouch, that first picture is painful. The others are really cute though, especially that one of E looking around the pole.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seriously.... your pictures are GREAT.. makes me want that DSLR even more. I love the pic with noah and elijah walking and then the one with just elijah. Great job!

    ReplyDelete