Sunday, March 29, 2009

Not Very Nice

I was supposed to go to St. Louis this weekend for Angie's (my brother's fiance) wedding shower. I was going to go by myself and stay with my BFF Julie, by myself. But Friday Leah was snotty, coughing, a bit wheezy. And the forecast was for wind-driven rain turned to SNOW with accumulation Saturday night. Not Very Nice.

Since Leah was a bit wheezy again Friday afternoon, I hated to leave Terril by himself with a kid who might need an ER treatment. Not to mention me not wanting to drive in nasty weather. So I decided to stay home. The Dr. ended up sending us a nebulizer in case Leah needed it along with 450!! packets of albuteral for it. How we'd every use that much is beyond me. Thankfully she hasn't needed to use it. How we managed to get this far without a nebulizer though is beyond me. I would have thought after N being in the hospital for breathing treatments at 6 months old would have gotten us one for sure! Anyway...

So I stayed home. I did go out for a bit, by myself Saturday morning. Ran to Hobby Lobby and the LSS (local scrapbook store) which I haven't been to since this summer. They have so much cool, fun stuff, but it is so stinkin expensive. HL is a much better substitute. Everything I bought there was 50% off. Much less guilt. Oh and I found a JoAnn's too. But they don't have classes :( And a few other cool stores I didn't have a chance to go to. Next time.

While I was gone, Noah fed Leah her snack. Looks like he made some great faces while doing it.

Last night we sort of observed earth hour--more like earth 5 minutes, but with the computer still on. We read stories by flashlight.
So it poured and poured all afternoon yesterday and into the night. Sometime after midnight, it turned to a blizzard. The wind blew the snow so hard, we couldn't see out the windows this morning due to the snow sticking to the screens!
Right now it sounds like rain due to all the melting. I can't believe the snowplows bothered to plow our street, but whatever. It'll be mostly gone by tonight I'm sure.

Oh and I forgot to mention, I finally got my 365 kit. It was shipped the day after we moved to the OLD address. CK's customer service is very slow. It took them two weeks to respond to my e-mail. Luckily we live close so I was able to run by and get it. I am having so much fun doing it. Maybe now I'll do a better job keeping up with my picture each day!

1 comment:

  1. Hooray for the 365 kit! I almost forgot you had ordered it! Can't wait to see how you use it. I was all caught up at the beginning of March, and now...let's just say it is on the back burner. :)

    ReplyDelete