Wednesday, September 3, 2008

SIGH


I just dropped Noah off at his first day of preschool here. He was screaming. I had to leave him with the teacher I didn't discuss this situation with last week. The other teacher I had talked to, told her he had some trouble with new situations etc. The other teacher was the one who was there. I had to say, can you just take him? She did, but that's when he started screaming. I just had to leave. I didn't know what else to do at this point. I hope, know he'll be fine, but I hate leaving him in a brand new place like that.


Terril always did the drop offs and dealt with the screaming. I'm not so used to it. Breaks my heart. But I know he'll have fun. And Friday it will (hopefully) be better. Although I'm not sure if this afternoon preschool is going to work out for the other two. I am afraid I'm going to have to wake them up from naps to pick up Noah at 3. And Leah will need to eat.
Noah was excited about school. He wouldn't admit it. He told everyone, including the librarian at story time yesterday that he was starting school, but he "wasn't really excited about it." But this afternoon, he was anxious to leave. Loves his new back pack. Cooperated for pictures. He'll be fine.

2 comments:

  1. {{{Hugs}}} I know that was hard for you. It will get better. Until then, there's nothing wrong with crying in the parking lot, not that I know anything about that. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know it is hard. It should get better with time. Like Kelley says, it is ok to cry :)

    ReplyDelete