I think we may need a boat by the end of the day. It has rained non stop since yesterday afternoon. I think it is finally taking a break.
We have been playing in the basement all weekend since it's been pouring down rain. Last night Terril thought to check on the sump pump. Good thing since it was overflowing and OFF! After trying unsuccessfully to reach both of our landlords, he called my Dad. He suggested jiggling it. That made it come back on and it quickly sucked water out of the hole. Terril was about to move all the boxes out of the way. We were about to have a flooded basement. Thankfully it has worked since then.
Looking forward to sunny skies all next week.
It poured here all morning and we discovered that we have a leak somewhere. The carpet below Lucy's window was soaked and the room below it also had water coming in around the window. Dan thinks it might be from the roof-a few bad shingles. AHHH, I thought a newer house would mean no more water issues! I want to scream.
ReplyDelete