I have apparently left a lot of people guessing about this whole house thing because I keep getting questions, so here's the whole story.
We never found a house the size we need (okay want) for the price we can handle. So we found a perfect lot. Just under half an acre, looks out over everyone else's backyard, cul-de-sac, very close to the neighborhood park. It's in the next town that's a little bigger, has super wal-mart and kroger, although all the gas stations only have pepsi. what's that about? Anyway...We designed the house. It will be very similar to our Memphis house, but without the dining room. We made the kids' rooms bigger and their closets bigger. It will also have a full basement!! It is right around 2300 square feet!! The basement will be awesome if we can ever afford to finish it.
We are supposed to sign the contract today and put down our big deposit. Then we'll get all the rest of the info to the bank so they can finish. We are already approved for the loan and the builder is approved, so mostly it's just minor stuff left. I think the builder is going to start digging ASAP. He says he can get us in by Thanksgiving !!!!! Yeah right, i'm definitely not getting my hopes up on that one!
I think at this point we are going to let them do all of the work. It will be a whole lot faster that way. Less interest we'll be paying on the loan. We figured the amount we would save wasn't really going to be worth the time and stress.
So there you are. The house story. I hope they start digging next week, but then I hope they don't because I won't be here to take pictures.
No comments:
Post a Comment