Sunday, August 10, 2008

Catching Up

I don't know what happened last week. I just didn't feel like updating this blog. So now I have a lot of catching up to do.

Not much eventful happened last week. Swimming lessons were over so we had to find other things to break up our day. I'm not always very good at that. But we made it. I do want to ask you to pray for Emma. She just turned 3. Her mom noticed some strange bruising and took her to the doctor. The doc immediately sent her to St. Jude for further testing. She has leukemia. 3 years old. It's a highly treatable form. But it will be about 3 years before she is completely cured. Thank God they live in Memphis and mom was aware enough to know something was wrong. Within 24 hours of her visit to the pediatrician, she was admitted to St. Jude, had a diagnosis, a central line, blood transfusions and chemo. You can read some of her story here.


I finally got Noah a spot in a preschool. Not an ideal spot, but it will give him something to do and some structure. It sounds like it's a fairly basic program, but as long as he's not bored with it, it will be fine. The biggest problem is the time. Its MWF from 1230 to 3. NAP TIME for the other two. ERRR. I am hoping I can find some one who can pick him up and take him.

This weekend we headed North to go to my cousin Jenny's wedding. Several of my other cousins and my aunts were going to be there. We also planned to stop at my grandparent's on the way.

Of course Noah wouldn't cooperate for the picture, but here the kiddos our with my Dad's parents. They are amazing. They live in their teeny tiny house they've lived in forever. Still take care of everything themselves. My grandpa was even down on the floor, playing with Noah. Gotta love em!



After that short visit, we headed to the wedding. It was great to see everyone we haven't seen in so long. The highlight was that my grandma got to come. She is very healthy physically, but she has alzheimer's disease. She doesn't know anyone, even my mom or her 5 sisters. She was awake yesterday in time to get dressed and for my aunts to pick her up and bring her to the wedding. She seemed to enjoy watching the boys run around.
We stayed at the reception long enough for the cake to be cut, which was what Noah wanted. He was pretty patient waiting for the most part.
We spent last night in a hotel and then headed home this morning, minus one kid. Noah went home with mom and dad. He'll spend the first part of the week with them and then head to Nanna and Papaw's on Wednesday afternoon. He was so excited he couldn't wait to leave this morning. It sure is quiet here without him! I am hoping this week away will help us all regroup and next week we'll see an improvement in his behavior ( and my tolerance level).

2 comments:

  1. I am glad you found a preschool for Noah, but that is an odd time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So nice to hear about all your visits with family. Makes me feel happy about your move. :)

    ReplyDelete