Teachers in Shelby County go back to the grind next week. And I won't be with them. For 9 years my all too short summer ended the first week of August. It's wrong to admit you're excited to go back, but I think everyone really was in a way. There's so much possibility waiting. New students, new (hopefully better) rules, and the best--new school supplies.
I have saved lots of money this year not buying school supplies. Every year I bought tons of cheap markers. Who would have thought that high school kids LOVE to color? By the end of the year all I'd have left would be brown and black markers. All the others would get "borrowed" and never returned. But that's okay cuz they were cheap.
Yeah I guess I'm a little sad not to be going back. But then when I think about putting my children back in daycare, I know I couldn't yet. They have had too many changes and leaving them all day in a strange place, I'm not ready. It took so long to build the relationships at their old daycare, I would want to be able to jump right back into that, and it's just not possible.
So for now, I'm home with my kiddos. They days are long, but the weeks seems to be flying by. I don't want to be anywhere else right now. I need to get myself organized and get some sort of better routine. Otherwise, Elijah may end up punching Noah in the teeth. Noah is on the waiting list for several preschools. For now, I need to get some learning in that boy. He keeps asking for projects and activities. Poor kid wants to learn something!
For all my friends headed back to school next week, have fun. I'll be thinking about you!
I know what you mean. I always think of my teaching days this time of year. But for me, I have never once regretted leaving the classroom. I LOVE that I don't have to start thinking about a new school year.
ReplyDeleteI was wondering how you were feeling. I thought it might be a bit easier not actually being in Shelby County. I find the feelings very bittersweet right now. I don't want to miss out on the social aspect of inservice week, but I am SO glad to not be stressing right now! :) I'll try to call so we can talk about it.
ReplyDeleteWhat am I going to do without you?
ReplyDeleteThanks for thinking of us! You know we're thinking of you. Amy and I are used to missing you @ the start of the school year now, but I know Jennifer is really going to miss you. And truthfully...with e-mail & impromptu playground meetings, I am too. But you knew that.
ReplyDelete