After the wedding, we headed to the lake for a few days. Terril spent most of Monday and Tuesday helping his parents cut up trees. Two weeks ago, Southern Illinois had a "hurricane Elvis". I think they should call it Hurricane Saluki, or maybe Hurricane Big Dawg. Anyway. They lost about half their trees. And they had a lot of trees. Most were broken in half by 100 mph winds. Trees were broken and uprooted all over the place. It is so sad. SIU campus will never look the same again!
Monday afternoon, I took the boys over to pick him up and drop Noah off to spend the night. We played in the backyard for a few minutes before we left.



One morning, we walked the waterfall trail at Ferne Clyffe. It is a shadey gravel path and a nice little walk that ends at a waterfall. I love Southern Illinois. It is so pretty!


Elijah was out of clean shirts, so he is wearing one of Noah's. He looks so big here.

Finally a decent family picture!

My parents have a brand new pontoon boat. It's a huge upgrade from their old one. Noah and I went for a ride with Dad while E & L were taking naps one afternoon.
No comments:
Post a Comment