It has been cold and very windy here. Makes me just want to stay inside. And now our neighbors on both sides have moved out. Now our barely insulated apartment will require more heat to stay warm since the neighbors are gone. I have to put Leah in 3 layers at night her room is so cold. And I did get Elijah to wear a sleeper tonight. He was a bit concerned that his feet were missing. I only had to hear "no like it" a few times and then he moved on.
Saturday we spent the morning at Menard's (a home improvement store). We bought a kitchen sink and faucet and a bunch of ceiling fans. Terril went back this morning to order our front door. We ordered the french door for the back last week. We found these things much cheaper than the prices through the builder.
We have been going to church on Saturday nights. It works really well for the boys because it doesn't interfere with lunch and naps. And it's a BIG church so it's not quite as crazy. But Leah is having a really hard time. She goes to bed between 630 and 7. Church is at 6. On top of that, she is having some major separation issues. Last weekend, she complained when my mom held her even though I was sitting right next to her. So of course she really complains when I leave her tired self in the nursery. Last week I had to get her half way through the service. The week before, I kept her with us. We almost got kicked out because she was "distracting the people behind us." (She wasn't crying, just smiling and being cute.) All this to say we didn't go last night. She had been up since 5 and hadn't taken a good nap. So she was especially crabby. And Elijah didn't take a nap either. And have I mentioned it was cold? We stayed home. Noah was really disappointed. He has really enjoyed his class so far.
Today we just played. Terril & Noah went to Menard's during naptime to order the doors. Leah and Elijah actually took good naps for the first time in a week. It was nice and quiet. Elijah and I went grocery shopping later. Wal-mart was crazy!
One more full week until the Holiday season really starts! Terril has a whole week off. I am really looking forward to that! And then Christmas will be here before we know it!
I'll be thinking of Jenn T. this week as she gets ready to meet baby Charlie. Good luck and an early Congratulations :)
And looking forward to Elijah turning TWO on Saturday! We'll celebrate next weekend though.
Whew. That wore me out just reading about your weekend. Busy,busy. I find it hard to go anywhere past 5pm. Lucy is ready for supper about that time and then she's in bed around 6:30-7 as well. To me, it's not worth a cranky baby. so we just try and be home in the evenings.
ReplyDelete