Friday, October 31, 2008
"Ladybug" Invasion
Every time in the last week or so that we have had a warm sunny day, we have been invaded by what we thought we ladybugs. Come to find out, they are Japanese Beetles. They live in the fields and when they harvest them (like they are doing now), they have to have some place to go. For whatever reason, they end up INSIDE our house. They are everywhere! These are the ones Terril sucked up last night with Noah's bug sucker.
There were probably twice that many in the house today. They seem to come in through the cracks in the back door. I don't know if you can see in this picture, but all the little black spots are these bugs.
They pretty much hang out near the door and windows until the sun goes down. Then they swarm to the lights. Then they make this obnoxious ping every time they hit the light. They apparently bite too, although I haven't experienced that yet. I'm sure in a few days, I'll have tons of dead insects all over the floor.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment