Friday, October 17, 2008

Flu Shots and Batteries

It was quite a day here. Since our insurance doesn't pay for shots, we headed out about 9 to get flu shots for me and the kiddos. But the van wouldn't start. A few days ago, it didn't start right away, but then it did 10 minutes later, so we just figured the battery had run down cuz the hatch had been left open and the light on. We never got around to getting the battery tested. Oops. I tried the try in 10 minutes trick but it still didn't start.

Terril headed home to give us a jump and get us a battery. But first we stopped for the flu shots. I had warned Noah yesterday we were doing this because I know he gets hysterical about shots. I was hoping to get most of the hysteria out yesterday. He was actually pretty fine this morning. And he was fine until we stood in line and saw other people getting them. I thought it might help to watch, but boy was I wrong! God knew what he was doing when he gave me a dead battery this morning. He knew I needed help! Terril held him on his lap and held him down. The nurse tried to talk him down. Yeah right. I was thinking, just give it to him and get it over with. It was over in 3 seconds. He recovered 5 minutes and a kit kat later. He never wants to get a flu shot again.

After another jump, we headed over to the house to meet with the builder. They have removed the forms and were backfilling today. They plan to do the rough in plumbing Monday morning and pour the slabs in the afternoon. But it's supposed to rain, so Tuesday will probably be more likely.

Anyway, I was on the phone when I stopped so I forgot to leave the van running. Another jump and we headed to Auto Zone. The battery is toast according the the guy. We called the Honda dealer and found out it was under warranty (yippee) and they would replace it at no cost to us.

It was lunch time so we piled into the CR-V after moving carseats and finding out that 3 don't fit in the backseat. Noah was only half legal in the seatbelt with no booster.

After a quick lunch it was back to the van we left at Auto Zone for another jump. Terril took the van to the dealer and I ran Noah to school. I just knew this was the day he'd have an accident since we didn't have his backpack and extra clothes!! (he didn't) Luckily they were able to quickly change the battery so Terril didn't have to wait too long.

We are definitely ready for a quiet weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment