Saturday, July 19, 2008

No Memory

We went to the Children's Discovery Museum in Bloomington today since we woke up to a gloomy rainy day. I took my camera. But when I took the first picture of Noah trying out different types of bird beaks, I got a message, no CF card. Great, I had the camera, but left the memory card at home on the computer desk. Ahh well, guess we'll have to go back.

The musuem was really nice. It was 3 floors of play. It was similar to the one in Memphis, but sooo much better starting with the admission of $4. The water table was great, the train table had lots of pieces as did a truck table and doll house. The 2nd floor had a bunch of farm stuff, much was not working right though. There were some other cool activities there too. The 3rd floor had a lot of puzzle type things, Legos, gears, magnetic blocks, etc. And there was a room with glass windows with paint trays. The kids could paint on the windows then spray and squeegee the windows clean.

It was a lot of fun. The boys really weren't ready to leave, but we were worn out and we wanted to get back in the car during a time when we new Leah would sleep.

We came home through Washington to see the lot we are looking at building a house on. It's almost half an acre, on a cul-de-sac (not a cove like in Memphis). It is a really nice lot. The builder is supposed to get us a price quote today with us doing some of the work, so we'll see.

Of course driving by this lot meant we had to drive by the sprinkler park. You can't just drive by it and not stop! Besides, Leah was hungry. The boys played and had a blast once again. Elijah has really gotten into it. Luckily I had thrown extra clothes in the van in case of accidents, no towels though. Have to remember that for next time.

After dinner the boys played in the pool. I did take some pictures of that!

Elijah is so sweet to Leah (most of the time). Hopefully it will continue and they will be great pals.

Trying on the FREE Hannah Montana 3-D glasses from Wal-Mart.

Noah picked out Leah's headband and bow (pink and brown). Luckily we had an outfit to match :)

4 comments:

  1. Looks like a fun day. My sister and her husband took their girls to the same children's museum and they were also there on Saturday! Kimberly reads your blog, I am surprised she didn't see and recognize you guys. But, maybe you all weren't there at the same time?

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is Kim, Kristin's sister. We were there on Friday. When I first read you went there I kept wondering if I had seen you but we were there on different days. It's a fun place to go, my girls had a lot of fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I thought you were there on Saturday. Oops!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know this is kinda late but I loved the youtube video you put on here. I forwarded it to everyone on my email list!

    ReplyDelete