Tuesday, March 25, 2008

They are paying us to leave Memphis

We finally got some more information on our move today. Terril and I spent an hour on the phone with the relocation rep going over the information. They don't buy our house, but we do get a bonus if it sells within 90 days AND they pay us the difference if we sell it for less than we paid for it. That means even in this crappy market, we don't lose anything as far as our house goes. Now of course if it takes a year to sell, we'll be paying two house/rent payements, but let's not think about that.

They also provide for misc moving expenses that they don't require receipts for--just send us a check. And this is my favorite part-they pay for 2 months of a spouse's lost wages up to a certain amount. Looks like I am on paid maternity leave after all :)

Now we have to decide if it's more important to find a place to live this weekend, or to stay here and get our house ready to sell.

2 comments:

  1. I am still waiting to hear from my friends in Peoria. I'm not sure I have their current email, but I didn't get an undeliverable bounce back. I'm still trying. I didn't forget.

    ReplyDelete
  2. tough call.

    personally, i wouldn't want to move & then turn around & move again, but really, what are the chances that you'll "get it right the first time" anyway? we thought we had it all planned out when we moved to Ohio, but we ended up moving just after we got unpacked & a little settled (!) and then back to memphis 9 months after the initial move.
    there is no "right answer."

    trust your gut.
    or just don't move at all. :)

    ReplyDelete