Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Thank God for a handy husband and the internet

Yesterday I had to do umpteen loads of laundry. But the thing-a-ma-jig that tells the washer the lid is down was broken. I had to fix it about 3 times so it would run the spin cycle. I did try to fix it correctly, with tools, but the screws wouldn't go back in, so I had to use tape. Of course the tape didn't hold with the heat, humidity and vibrations.


Terril looked at it when he got home. The part was really hard to get to but after some searching on the internet, found out how to get the machine apart. He was able to epoxy the part back together (after a quick trip to wal-mart--thank God for that too).


So today I was finishing up the laundry. First load, no problems. Second load I go into the kitchen to make Leah a bottle and there was soapy water all over the floor!! The drain hose had come off the back of the washer. So instead of draining into the wall, it was draining all over the floor. I think I stood there for a few minutes trying to figure out what to do before grabbing all the clean, just washed towels to throw down.

Needless to say, I now have more laundry to do, but at least the laundry room floor is clean.

No comments:

Post a Comment