The second round of storms didn't last long last night. They canceled the tornado warning early and changed it to a severe thunderstorm warning. Just some heavy rain involved. The boys slept though being moved to the closet and back to their rooms.
Terril got to stay home today. He said his boss called and only one window in their office was broken and it was just shattered. Sounds like no water got in. The part of the roof that blew off was further down the way. So definitely not nearly as bad as we originally thought. I don't know when he will go back. That whole area was right in the middle of the tornado's path. This morning they aren't letting people into the area unless they belong there for whatever reason. At least he'll get to go to my doctor's appointment with me today with no guilt.
It sounds like 3 or 4 tornados probably touched down in our county. The one by Sharp, one right by our church, one out by my school and one by the hospital in Germantown. One of my students said the back of his house was ripped off and another student here has his whole house gone. Of course it was dark when I came in this morning, so I couldn't see anything. Interested to see what it looks like when I leave this afternoon.
Today the temperature is much cooler after a high yesterday of about 77. So it should be a calm day. My students have some great stories to tell so we have had to take a few minutes out of every class to share. I am glad most of the stories have a happy ending and we can laugh about them.
Glad to hear you're all ok. When I heard some of the storm went through the Memphis area I thought about you guys and hoped you were all still in one piece. That's gotta be so scary. We just got tons of rain. Over 4 inches in 2 days. Our stress has been trying to keep the water out of our basement.
ReplyDelete