Friday, February 22, 2008

Leah Grace

Wednesday was my 39 week check up. My blood pressure was elevated, but after resting on my side, it improved. The doctor told me she would admit me to the hospital or I could promise to go home and rest. I told her I would much rather go home and sleep so she let us. I had to promise several times I would do nothing but lay on my left side. No work, nothing. I was 2 cm.

After rush hour traffic, and getting the boys, we made it home about an hour later. I was having a few contractions. We had already called mom and dad. They were expecting an ice storm. We asked them to come since we knew we would need help with me on bedrest.

I continued to have some contractions while Terril got dinner and baths and bed. We decided we should go ahead and go to the hospital since they were already worried about my blood pressure. Carrie came over until mom and dad got here.

We were checked in about 9:15. My contractions were 2-4 minutes apart. I got my epidural shortly thereafter. The nurse checked me about 11:30 and I was 6 cm. She was doing some things in the room and I was telling her I was feeling a lot of pressure. She checked me again about 11:45 and said I was complete! The nurses quickly got the room ready. The doctor said she wanted me to push a few times to see how it went before she came to the room. I pushed through one contraction and they told me to stop. Wait for the doctor.

The doctor came, I pushed about 3 more times, 2 contractions and Leah arrived at 11:56 pm on February 20. She is 7 pounds 6 ounces, 19 inches long and perfect.

3 comments:

  1. Congrats guys!!! Can't wait to meet her next weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! She's a beauty. I can't believe your home already. I hope she's sleeping good for you.

    ReplyDelete