Thursday, January 21, 2010

January

The weather here has been a bit icky. The best way I can describe it. 32 degrees and raining. Yuck! Yesterday we got some freezing drizzle and freezing rain, which turned to rain and then back to frozen stuff. Of course it was a school day for both E & N. We stayed home.

Thankfully they salted the streets last night, so they were just wet this morning. But our driveway was a sheet of ice. T went down to the street this morning to see how the roads looked (clear) and he couldn't get back up the driveway!! He ended up having to walk in the snow and then pull himself across to the door. (Our driveway has a pretty good slope to it). Thankfully he put down some salt before he left for work so by the time I had to take N to school, it was starting to melt a bit. And I was able to get back in the garage when we got home.


I went out at naptime to take a few more pics. I am hoping my baby trees aren't damaged by this. No more ice please!



The future forecast--warming with a high of 36 tomorrow and rain. mid 40s this weekend with lots more rain. 32ish most of next week with what looks like several days of snow.

No comments:

Post a Comment