Wednesday, January 6, 2010

First Day

Leah had her first day of Mother's Day out today! They've been holding a spot for her since she's supposed to be 2 by Dec to be in the class. But now she's close enough and since she is so cute, of course they wanted her in their class! We have done a few short trial runs...stopping in the class to play a few minutes after I drop E off. She was happy to play with me sitting beside her. I wasn't sure how she would do being left today.

She insisted on a ponytail. I tried a barrette, but she said "use these" pointing to the rubber bands. And she was so excited to wear her backpack. Oh and now everytime I take a pic, she gives me this cheesy smile. Usually by the time the pic is taken, her eyes are completely squeezed shut and all I get is an icky picture. that'll have to do for today,


Everybody heading out. It was oh about 3 when we left this morning. Thank GOD for the sunshine.

Elijah was a bit of a grump I think because he wanted L in his class. But we got him dropped off without issue and took L to her class. While I was putting her coat and bag in her cubby, she climbed up in a chair and started playing. (I think it definitely helped to have been in there before playing at the table.) I gave her a kiss, told her I loved her and that I was leaving. No worries. I did wait in the hallway for a few minutes, but all was happy.
She was so happy when I picked her up! She came out of her class with the biggest grin on her face, all teeth. She had a great morning! Her teachers said they kept expecting her to lose it when she realized I wasn't there, but she never did. She had fun and wants to go again! I am so proud of her.


2 comments:

  1. Glad she had a good time. Lucy has that same outfit. Love Target!
    We don't have anything like MDO around here. Not that Lucy would stay anyway. Last week I couldn't even leave the toddler room at church on Sunday and she's been fine going in there since August so not sure what was going on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for alone time for you! I can't believe she is almost 2 and I love those ponytails!

    ReplyDelete