Friday, May 30, 2008

Uneventful

This week has been pretty quiet. We did go look at some houses Monday morning and Wednesday afternoon. The only one that was any sort of possibility was overpriced for the condition it was in. It looked like it had been abandoned, a lot like the Pepper Crossing house. It was huge and open, but it needs a lot of work to get it livable. Terril would love to take it on but with 3 small kids, I am less than excited. Plus it looks like a do-it-your-selfer built the house and there are several visable cheap outs. So who knows what they cheaped out on that we couldn't see in our 20 minutes there.

I took the boys to a playgroup yesterday. It's from an internet meet-up group. The group is a lot like the mommie board i was on and loved in memphis. This one revolves more around actually play dates. This is the 3rd one we have gone to, and we (I) haven't been impressed. I introduce myself and people could care less to talk to me. Nothing is more lonely that being in a group of 20+ moms and having no one to talk too.

This one yesterday was geared more towards Elijah's age (which I didn't know before going). Noah was very reluctant to join in. The few older kids that were there were rowdy. The moms didn't do any sort of supervision which really annoyed me. A kid came and forcefully grabbed a toy from Elijah. Now if this had been say, Evan, I would have fixed the situation, as would Carrie. But I don't think this kids mom was even watching. We had several close calls with kids almost knocking Elijah over, knocking down a tower Noah was building for Elijah etc. No one said anything to these kids. Very frustrating. As we were leaving, a little girl had escaped out two sets of double doors into the parking lot. Another mom took her back inside. Did the mom even know she was missing? Doubtful.

So far these moms are not people who seem like good friends. I can't wait until we decide where we're going to buy a house so we can find some neighborhood friends and a church close by and meet some real people.

We are getting ready today to go to the lake for the week. Terril has a business trip next week, so he is taking the kids and I to stay with them. Then he'll fly out of St. Louis. Noah is super excited as always, but I am dreading the drive in the car tonight. Leah doesn't cooperate very well, especially late in the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment