Monday, November 19, 2007

What a week!

Last week was a long one. We kept Elijah home Wednesday because he had a high fever. WE figured he was just wanting to play hookey since he acted fine all day. Terril stayed home with him in the morning and I came home after 3rd period so he could go to work. We noticed that evening Elijah was breathing hard and had a nasty cough. We decided to keep him home again. Terril took him to the doctor that morning. He had croup and an ear infection! Poor baby! WE think he may have been dealing with an ear infection for over two weeks--the last time he had a fever.

He is finally feeling better now, although he still has a bit of a cough. At least it doesn't sound so horrible. And his mood has greatly improved. He was able to go back to daycare today after missing 3 days last week.

The same day Elijah went to the doctor, Noah had his 4 year old check up that afternoon. He was such a big boy! He talked to the nurse and answered all her questions. He stood on the scale and got measured without complaining. He is 36 pounds and 3ft 3inches. He talked to the doctor and let her check him out. He even asked her if he could have peanuts yet. She told him he had to see another doctor and they would test him. We also mentioned he complained his head hurt after her rough housed with Daddy. She told him first he could stop wrestling, or if that happened to lay down for a few minutes and have a drink of water. It was kinda cool that she talked directly to him rather than to me. Made him feel important I think.

Unfortunately we had a major melt down when he found out he was getting a shot (two actually). Big old tears just dripped from his eyes. When the nurse came back in, he threw a major fit. I could barely get his pants off he was holding his legs so tense. Once she was done and we let him sit up, he was fine. He got lots of prizes from both the nurse and the doctor.

We stopped for a milk shake on our way home which made it mostly better :)

In other news...Noah is learning his part for his role in the Christmas play at school. Not only does he know his part, but he knows all the parts before his and who says what. I have my fingers crossed that he will actually do it when the time comes! By the way, mom can we borrow your video camera?

I think Elijah is saving his first steps for an audience. He stands up by himself in the middle of the room, but he refuses to take a step on his own. He holds onto something or he drops to his knees and crawls. Silly boy.

Getting ready for company for Thanksgiving.

1 comment:

  1. Can't wait to see you gusy and the boys! Unfortunately my back seized up again this morning at work. Will probably have to stay home tomorrow. Seems like this happened at the same time last year. I remember being sore when I came down to visit and felt bad because I couldn't play with Noah as much as I wanted to. Prayers that is heals quickly! See you guys Wednesday evening!

    ReplyDelete