Friday, June 27, 2008

FIRE!

I got an e-mail from my friend Amy in Texas today. Their house burned down last Friday. Of course I immediately called her. They lost pretty much everything, but their family is safe. It started in the garage, perhaps with some charcoal. I didn't really get the details. It sounds like they have received a lot of donations and their insurance is taking care of them. Of course she had just gotten her new-used van the week before. It was destroyed, but they were able to save her husband's much older truck.


She actually seemed to be doing well. Much better than when baby Sam was at risk of being born too early. Neither of us cried on the phone this time.


Please keep this special family in your prayers. They have been through so much lately. They seem to handle it all with such grace and patience. Even though we are even further away now, they will always have a very special place in our lives.


1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness! It just makes you realize it could happen to any one. I am so sorry that happened to them! Please pass my well-wishes on to her!

    ReplyDelete