
Pirate Noah had a great time trick-or-treating. We went to Lucas' house so Noah could go with him. Right from the start they were in character.

Elijah just hung out taking everything in. He never complained (except when the boys stopped for too long). He loves riding in the stroller and watching the big kids. He is such a happy camper!

The boys quickly got the hang of running up to doors, saying trick-or-treat and holding out their pumpkins. It wasn't long before their pumpkins were full. It was a beautiful night and lots of people were out.

*********
I hate to see so many older kids out, especially those with no costumes and big pillow cases. It's like they expect people to give them candy no matter what. I hate that! I even saw some moms dragging their young kids-2 and 3 year olds- around without costumes. Why can't you put your kid in a costume to beg for candy. It doesn't have to be expensive. I spent $3 on Noah's costume. Bought the pieces from the dollar store. He doesn't care and he looked just as good as all the Johnny Depp pirates out there. Anyway--just my little vent for the day. I am glad we didn't stay home to give out candy. Kids without costumes and especially those who then don't say thank you drive me CRAZY!
Dan and I were home last night, but we didn't turn our light on. I was so disappointed after the first year we gave out candy, that I haven't done it since. I enjoy seeing the kids from the street that I know, but I hate the parents that drop their kids off in certain neighborhoods or the ones that are too old without costumes. I guess I'm just an old scrooge!
ReplyDeleteGreat pics!! Looks like Noah and spiderman had a great time. Wonderful nite to be out. Usually its chilly and rainy here. As usual no trick or treaters here, that's ok. Elijah looks like he doesnt feel good or maybe just bedtime for him. Dont eat all the candy at one time!
ReplyDelete