
PAINTING PUMPKINS

5 LITTLE BOYS AND SHAVING CREAM



When I asked Noah what he wanted to do for his birthday party, his response was to have a shaving cream fight. We had no idea what exactlythis meant, but it was what he wanted so I bought 10 cans of shaving cream and some water balloons. I filled about 30 balloons with shaving cream and saved the rest. I had no idea they would get into it so much! They popped the balloons, splattering it all in their faces. The first ones were a surprise, but the LOVED it! Then they discovered the cans and started spraying it on each other. 4 little boys, a toddler and a few parents were covered in shaving cream by the time it was over. Kyle wins the award for staying the cleanest. He didn't like it much. Daddy Matt had a great time too. He helped spray the boys down to clean them up. We had some great smelling little boys for the rest of the afternoon.

Noah let us whisper "Happy Birthday" to him. He doesn't like it when people sing. He always cries. So he agreed to let us do it in a whisper. He didn't mind that. This was the first year he actually knew to blow out the candles.

And then he opened presents.
We are all wiped out from the busy day of preparations and fun. Luckily we all go a good night's sleep and are ready to go again.
Cute cupcakes. Did you make them?
ReplyDeleteKids love the shaving cream thing. I used to let my students play with shaving cream on their desks. First we'd practice our spelling words in the "shaving cream" chalkboard, then if they were good, I'd give them time to draw and play in it. We always had clean desks and a good smelling room when we were done.