We've been busy between the rain showers and cold gloomy days working on our landscaping and garden. T dug out all the sod and tilled the clay. We added some topsoil. We randomly picked out pretty plants at Menards and found spaces for them. And a friend of mine was giving away some plants, so that helped too. Here's what it looks like so far-topped with 30 bags of mulch!
Saturday, May 22, 2010
How does our garden grow?
Despite the crazy cool, rainy weather we've been having, my garden in doing fairly well. The peas are growing like crazy. I even picked some lettuce last night for dinner.
The broccoli is doing good, but see that one on the near right? That one and another are flowering already. They never formed big heads. I don't think that's right. Why is that?

The tomatoes and peppers are not so happy. I don't think the peppers have grown at all since I planted them--almost a month ago. The tomatoes are growing some, but I know they are waiting for warmer weather. Looks like I need to do some weeding!
Tomatoes doing well.

We've been busy between the rain showers and cold gloomy days working on our landscaping and garden. T dug out all the sod and tilled the clay. We added some topsoil. We randomly picked out pretty plants at Menards and found spaces for them. And a friend of mine was giving away some plants, so that helped too. Here's what it looks like so far-topped with 30 bags of mulch!

That section against the garage hasn't been mulched yet. That's on the list for today, plus more wave petunias to be added. And I think I need some potted plants on the porch. I can't really have any hanging baskets because it is always so darn windy!
We've been busy between the rain showers and cold gloomy days working on our landscaping and garden. T dug out all the sod and tilled the clay. We added some topsoil. We randomly picked out pretty plants at Menards and found spaces for them. And a friend of mine was giving away some plants, so that helped too. Here's what it looks like so far-topped with 30 bags of mulch!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment