Friday, June 5, 2009

Cloth Diapers?

Diapers are getting sooo expensive. Well not that they weren't before, but it just gets worse. They keep shrinking the box size. My favorite (cheap) diapers have apparently been discontinued. Who knows when Elijah will be out of diapers, and Leah has at least another year.

A blog I read has been doing a series on cloth diapering. It is so different than from 30 years ago, and even 5 years ago I think. Check out all the different types along with some reviews here

Cloth diapers anyone?

3 comments:

  1. I thought about it before Lucy was born. I know a few girls who use them and really like them. I don't know that I want to have to do all the extra laundry that comes with cloth. Are you really saving when you consider the cost of water, energy and detergent and of course your time? I know what you mean though, Lucy is in a size 6 already and that's the smallest amount in the biggest box. What "cheap" diapers did you use? I've always used Huggies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was using the white cloud they sold at wal-mart, but they don't have them anymore :(

    Now I am using Target brand. THe last time i tried them, i didn't like them, but they have improved. the only problem is they don't print the size on the diaper, so it's hard to tell which is a 4 (L) and which is a 6 (e)!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Heidi uses them and so do Cory and John. They both have been very pleased with the experience. I think once you find what you like, and get used to doing it that way, it is easier than you think. I thought about it, but haven't been able to take the leap because it's so much easier to just do what you've been doing, you know?

    ReplyDelete