Last week I took Noah to get allergy tested again. I was so hoping he had outgrown the peanut allergy thing so I wouldn't have to write that on all his kindergarten paperwork. No such luck. Now since he's never had a reaction from actually eating peanuts, we don't know what his reaction would actually be. It would be some eczema, or it could be a severe respiratory reaction. But because of that, we have to continue avoiding peanuts (and almonds). they tested other nuts and he didn't react. I will continue allowing him to eat things processed in a plant that does peanut things ( like m&ms, granola bars, etc) just because we have always done that. We are only going to avoid things that have peanuts in them.
Poor guy was so nervous. I think the writing of the numbers on his back was almost as bad as the testing--she wrote with a ballpoint pen!! Ever heard of felt tip pens??? Anyway, he survived.
The peanut is the 3 column, 5th one down. The first two columns are mostly trees--allergic to pretty much all of that!
Poor Guy. Noah looks so grown up playing in the sprinklers!
ReplyDeleteThat looks awful! Bless his heart
ReplyDeleteOh my gosh that looks horrible. How do they do allergy testing?
ReplyDelete