Tuesday, June 30, 2009

4th Craftiness

Last week we got these wooden stars on a stick for $.50 each. I intended to make them into wands for the kids. But after a few wacks and seeing some other 4th of July stuff at Hobby Lobby, I decided to decorate them for my own agenda. Noah helped me paint and we added some glitter to the wet paint. The 3rd one, I covered in paper and mod podge. Used that to cover the glitter too. Added a bit of ribbon to the stick a wal-ah


I have since added some silver star ribbon and red marbles to the bottom of the vase.
Then today we had a playdate to make fireworks. I saw this in a parents magazine. A few days ago, Noah and I tried it out to make sure we knew how to do it. That's the red one. We used too many, and too fat pipe cleaners, and too much glitter. So today, we used less glitter. Elijah actually did the white one pretty much on his own. He was really into it!


And there's only a little glitter left everywhere from a gaggle of pre-schoolers. I would love to do a whole bunch of these and hang them over the kitchen table. We'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment