Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Sloppy Joe, Sloppy Joe, Sloppy Sloppy Joe



I made my Grandma's sloppy joe's tonight. I mentioned it on Facebook and had several requests for the recipe. It is very yummy. (oh and my mom calls it Bar-B-Que, but I've always known it as sloppy joe) Enjoy!

Brown together 2 lbs ground beef and 1/4 cup chopped onion. season with salt & pepper. (I always use ground turkey and have never added the salt or pepper).

Then add
1/4 cup lemon juice
1/2 cup chopped celery (I usually leave this out-T doesn't like it and I never have any around)
2 tablespoons brown sugar
1 cup catsup
1/2 cup water
2 tablespoon vinegar
1/2 tablespoon mustard
3 tablespoon worschestiere (huh?) sauce

let it mesh until the french fries come out of the oven. Serve on buns (best when toasted)

2 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for posting the recipe. I'll be making it this week for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did you let Noah listen to this song? Lucas LOVES it! :)

    ReplyDelete