Monday we made playdough after Carrie's suggestion. I'd never made this kind before, and used her recipe. It turned out great. It seems less crumbly than the store bought stuff, which means less mess on the floor.

Today, Noah and I made a practice cake for Leah's birthday. Can you believe she is going to be ONE on Friday?!! Yeah, me neither. I saw this rainbow cake on a website and it looked like the perfect thing for a first birthday party. I wanted to make a trial cake to see how it turned out and if it's really what I wanted. I need to measure because I didn't end up with equal amounts in each pan. Other than that, it turned out great. When I do the real cake, I'll show you what it looks like cooked.
Yeah, looks kinda gross, I know, but it's just white cake with food coloring.
google rainbow cake and the first website should be the one--it has great pictures.
We have never read that book and I think I will try the play dough recipe.
ReplyDeleteKim
Kyle said "what is that" pointing to the last photo, I said it is a cake. He said Ooh can we make one?
ReplyDeleteamericolors is a good brand to tint with. I use it when I tint fondant. Of course Wilton's gel also do a good job but red can turn bitter if you use too much. I was just thinking about Leah the other day thinking she must be one soon because she was born right after the tornando.
ReplyDeleteThat cake is such a neat idea!!!
The cake looks super cool!
ReplyDeleteGlad to see you tried the play dough. I just love it! Remember, keep it in the fridge & it'll last & last!