546 mi, 10.5 hours, 3 stops, 3 movies, we made it! We are safely in Texas for Christmas. We left about 5 am this morning and got here about 3:30 this afternoon. The boys did amazingly well! Noah was pretty content watching Home Alone, Finding Nemo and Peter Pan. Elijah was just content. He slept a few times, but mostly he just sat. I gave him his paci which he normally only has for sleeping. He was content to just suck on it! He is such a good baby!
The high today here was about 70. We have already been to one of three parks within walking distance. We have checked out the Christmas trains at the end of the cove. Noah has asked to go swimming already! He doesn't think he will be cold.
Elijah crashed tonight before 7. Noah on the other hand is a little more difficult. He is upstairs in the bedroom with Elijah while we are all downstairs. He hasn't made a peep for about 10 minutes so he must have finally crashed too. He has to be exhausted since we got up at 5 am and he only slept maybe 20 minutes in the car today.
Now it's my turn to head off to bed soon. I am exhausted!
Glad to hear you made it ok! I was thinking about you with all the snow further north! Have fun! I'll miss you guys for Christmas!
ReplyDeleteSo glad to hear the trip went well. I was thinking about you and praying for safe travel all day. Thank you for letting us know you arrived safe and sound. Sure glad you weren't going north!! Sounds nasty up there. Have a wonderful time. Hope the weather stays nice for you. We'll miss you, but will see you soon. Love you. Mom
ReplyDelete