Sunday, December 20, 2009

Christmas Vacation

School is out and Terril is off until the New Year too. And it feels like Christmas because there is snow on the ground. It's even snowing more right now. And snow is predicted for Wed, Thurs, and Fri. They just aren't saying how much yet.

Yesterday we went out to play for a bit. E refused to wear snowpants or boots, but he seemed to stay warm enough. Leah was so excited to put her boots on again.
Noah helped Terril shovel the driveway.
Leah admiring her boots. When she wears this coat, it reminds me of Boo from Monsters Inc.

Terril spent most of yesterday painting the basement walls. It took 3 trips to Menards and 11 gallons of paint, but it really brighted it up. He used a sprayer which made it go really fast, but now there's a layer of paint dust on the floor that must be cleaned up.
This pic is his attempt to roll it on. This is all he did with the roller before he decided to break out the sprayer.
The last two years we have made a gingerbread house-sort of. Two years ago I bought a kit and it was a pain!! You had to assemble the house and the frosting was really stiff. One the house was actually assembled, that had to dry before you could decorate it. Last year i got a foam kit. That was a little better, but the glue didn't dry fast enough and the walls didn't stay together very well. But Noah kept asking to make one. So when I saw kits on sale at wal-mart for $5 last week, I got one. And man was I thrilled when I took it out of the box and saw it was already assembled!! All we had to do was decorate. It came with frosting that you could mix, but since I had frosting left in the fridge from something else, we were one step closer.
I gave E some graham crackers to frost and Leah a frosted graham cracker to eat. She occupied herself by licking all the frosting off the cracker. The house didn't get a whole lot of decorations. They were more interested in eating the candy and frosting.
Oh and look at these snowmen! They turned out so cute. I got the idea for them in the Family Fun magazine. Too cute to eat I think!


No comments:

Post a Comment