Saturday, November 28, 2009

November leftovers

Had a few pictures that didn't fit anywhere in particular, but I still wanted to share...

Noah's last day of school before Thanksgiving was Tuesday AND he got out early. Which meant early naps, and a longer afternoon. So after getting N at 2, we came home, made popcorn and watched a movie. Leah LOVES her some pop corn! Noah made a treasure map and he had to share all the details with Daddy. Daddy of course was asking difficult questions about it.
Last weekend, we didn't have anything going on. So we hopped in the mall and went to Springfield to a mall. Real exciting right? They had a little playground, very similar to the one at Wolfchase that we spent some time at. Luckily we were on our way out when they came to clean it. But I was definitely surprised to see it actually being cleaned--well I didn't SEE the cleaning, but I saw the ladies who were going to do it soon. Kristin--is this the mall you were talking about? It's a bit too far for me to go by myself with Leah and her hates long car rides self!



Our flock of turkeys. Most were done by noah.

Okay--first I love this look on her face. I dare you to spend the day with this girl and not get wrapped around her finger! Second--the pants. My neighbor's mom makes these. And they aren't my usual Target clearance or yardsale price. But they are so cute I had to have a pair. My new project is figuring out how to make them myself so she can have more. Problem is, I don't really know how to sew!


One morning I was busy doing something and E and L were happily playing together. This is their elevator. They kept running to the bookshelf and getting a new book and taking it back to read in the elevator.

Our church participated in Operation Christmas Child. They collected over 400 boxes. Two were ours. It is hard to find little, decent things that will fit in a box. And it seems the littler things are, the more they cost! Oh and did you know East Peoria is one of the largest distribution centers for Operation Christmas Child? (or so I've heard)

Noah empties all the little trashcans on trash night. He usually convinces Elijah to come along to help him. He does a great job and is a huge help.


My grandmother passed away at the very end of October. We made the trip to Northern Illinois for her visition. All of my cousins were there. My mom has 5 sisters. About half my cousins live out of state. It was pretty amazing that we were all able to be there on such short notice. Here we are, minus one who was unavailable at picture time. I'm the 2nd oldest :)



2 comments:

  1. yep, that's the mall I was talking about. how far is it for you?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I could give you some easy pants pattern numbers/names. The ruffle would not be that hard to make either. :)

    ReplyDelete