Monday, December 12, 2011

Christmas Crafting

We've been busy getting ready for Christmas! I've pinned lots of ideas to do--here's a few of them.
I saw this last year and tucked it away to do this year--there are 25 links to make a perfect Christmas countdown.
I looked everywhere for PJs for N for Christmas morning. They were either ones I knew he wouldn't wear (buttons) or covered in skulls or something else not Christmasy. So I took matters into my own hands and made my own. I've made pants before but I found a new tutorial to make them very very easily here. I bought a $5 shirt at walmart and used some leftover fabric to put the tree on the shirt. Now I've decided to make some for E since I don't like the ones I ordered for him.

I made a tree last year using this technique. The hardest part of this was finding the foam wreath. I tried Michael's, Jo-Anns, even walmart. I bought the last one at Hobby Lobby. It took a whole yard of felt-not sure how many circles that was. Here's the tutorial if you are interested. I have a bunch of orange felt so if I can find another wreath form, I may make another one around Halloween.

I have made a few garlands, but just glued a thread between two identical shapes. But this method was much faster. I have made 3 of these so far including one for the princess by her request. It's in her bedroom window. I used my CM circle punches and cut circles of two sizes from about 5 sheets of paper--bought at Michael's. Then in random order ran them through the sewing machine. Once you have the circles cut it comes together very quickly. I will definitely be doing these for other holidays!

Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment