Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Blizzard 2011

School was canceled Tuesday. Weather reports said we were going to get 15-22 inches of snow. About 10:30 I was thinking we shoulda had school ( at least E who gets out at 11). Well about 11:30 the snow finally started. And the wind picked up. It snowed for the next 15+ hours. We even had thunder and lightening (thundersnow)! I have no idea how much snow we actually got due to the drifting. We have places where we can see the grass. Other places the drifts are 3 feet high. The news says we got between 15 and 18 inches!

It is so cold, but we all wanted to go out and play in the snow.


The neighbors' house across the street. The drift in front of their garage and on their porch is probably 3 ft high!

Posted by Picasa
The house next door had a huge drift against it. A perfect place to dig a snow fort. Too bad it's a wind tunnel through there!



Posted by Picasa
It didn't take too long for the neighbors to come out and join in the fun.



Posted by Picasa

Elijah and Leah were ready to head in. But then they discovered it was much warmer on the deck out of the wind. They happily played there for another 20 min.


We all went in. Noah stayed out most of the morning playing with his friends. He finally came in for lunch. At naptime, he headed back out to find his friends. We ended up on the next street over. They have HUGE drifts over there. Their whole yards are 3 ft deep. And the snowplows made huge piles too. There is a great place to play. I had to make Noah come in because I knew he was cold, and the wind was picking up.

Unfortunately, it's going to get even colder. We probably won't get to play for a few more days. I'm sure the snow will stick around for awhile.
And we just got the call. No school again tomorrow!

2 comments:

  1. Goodness, that is what I call a big snow! I bet yall don't have school all week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great pics. So glad the kids dont mind the cold (at least today ) and got to use up some energy outdoors! Looks like everybody had fun! Thanks for the pictures!!

    ReplyDelete