Sunday, July 25, 2010

St Louis Part I

We took a mini vacation to St Louis Friday and Saturday. We had a great time even though it was really really hot.

Saturday morning we got up early to make it to the zoo when it opened at 8. The zoo itself is free, but there are some special areas that you have to pay to do. For the first hour everyday they are free. We met Andy and Angie there.

One of those things is the stingrays. You can pet them! I am so glad we didn't pay $3 a person for this because it was a huge disappointment. You are supposed to put your hand flat in the water and they will swim up to you. All I got was one barely touching me with his fin as he swam by. I don't think anyone else really got one either. Still neat to see up close.We also got into the Children's zoo.Petting the goats, a slide that went through a fish tank. I think we might have missed some of it, because other than an inside exhibit, that was all we saw.We rode the train too. The boys loved it.
My favorite exhibit was the penguins. It was nice and cool in there and you get right up close.




We also rode the carosel. Fun Fun. We actually didn't see many animals--the bears were all sleeping in the shade, and the other things we did took up time, so by the time it was 11, it was way too hot and we were ready to go. We will go back when it's cooler and can see more. I love the STL zoo!
We drove up Friday and went to the Magic House. It was crazy crowded. There were several camps there. Plus a few days earlier they had a Groupon for basically half price admission that sold 5000+! It was still a lot of fun.

I'm saving this one for Noah's campaign posters someday.


This picture was too funny not to include. I don't remember T being in this shot at all!

We stayed at a hotel in Chesterfield. They have a nice mall nearby so we went there to eat dinner and check out the Archiver's. I could not believe it, but Noah wanted to try this! He liked it at first, but you could see him getting more and more worried. He was ready to get down about 30 seconds before his time was up.E really wanted to do it too, but instead we let him ride on of the ride on thingys. He wanted off before his ride was finished too. Good thing cuz that gave L a few seconds to ride and we didn't have to pay for another one! This mall also had these water balls that Noah really wanted to do, but I think he was too small. You get inside this plastic and they blow it up so you are inside a giant clear ball. It's in a swimming pool. So you spend the next 5 minutes trying to stand up or act like a hamster in a ball. Not really sure how fun it is. He thought it would be fun.
We did ride the double decker carosel. Man these are lucky kids. Two carosel rides in two days. We never ride the carosel. I don't think E or L had ever been on one before.





More to come later...

No comments:

Post a Comment