I love that Leah is excited to see anyone who walks into the room, even if they left it two seconds ago.
I love that Leah is adding new words everyday. Off is now in her vocab because it gets her a lot of things--shoes off, pictures off the fridge, off the riding toy. She points out the bus every morning when we drop Noah off.
Elijah and Leah are happily playing together without fighting.
I was able to drop Noah off at school this morning at the door without unloading everyone. He does have a promise of icecream when he gets home.
I taught Noah to play the card game War yesterday. He thought it was fabulous.
Noah loves to be read to. He is really likes The Magice TreeHouse books.
The boys are sleeping in bunkbeds: E on the bottom, N on the top.
We play regularly with out backyard neighbors in the afternoon--they are 2 and 4.
I see familiar faces most places I go now, I even know some names.
I love that I am getting to stay home. It is so different from teaching, easier in some ways, much harder in a lot. But I don't want to go back.
I still get a bit "home"sick for Memphis--not the place, but the people, NHCC. It's hard to find substitutes for good friends.
You are blest!
ReplyDeleteYou are sweet. Ryan learned War this summer, too. He loves uno, sorry, and pay me (which I think is similar to Egyptian Rat's Crew, only without slapping the doubles). If you ever decide you need extra income, I highly recommend tutoring. Love the flexibility (although it does make our evenings a bit crazy sometimes). Miss you!
ReplyDelete