Tuesday, August 18, 2009

First Day of School

Last night we went to meet Noah's teacher and drop off all his supplies. I thought it was from 6-7, but it was from 5-6. So instead of being a few minutes early, we were very late. But we were the only ones there, so that was okay. Noah refused to talk to his teacher, or even look at her. This morning he insisted he didn't want to go. So of course he refused to cooperate for pictures. Here's a good one of his new backpack though :) Later I'll have to show you the cool name tags we made out of shrinky dink material!
Headed to the car. I was trying to get what I could get.
Walking into school with Daddy. Refusing to cooperate for a picture of course. Noah is so lucky to have a brand new school!

All the K's have cubbies in the hall for their bags. They also have to keep a pair of shoes at school for PE.



Noah's seat. Today he had the "caterpillar chair" which means he gets to be the classroom helper. We saw that last night and I told him what it meant. I also told him it might not be there today since his teacher saw how he acted last night. She might pick a different kid to do it today until he was comfortable. I saw a hint of a smile when he realized it was still there.



Noah's classroom. I love those huge windows! They also have their own bathroom. Doesn't it look fun!

Everyday we will drop Noah off in the gym where his teacher will get him to take him to class. He had been sitting with T and ALL the K's. When they divided into class, he went willingly, by himself. That's his teacher in the purple shirt. This is her first year teaching K, but she taught pre-K for 3 years. I think she'll be great!



Finally a smile!! Walking with his class back to his classroom. Have a great day kiddo. Love you!


Man was I relieved to see that smile! I hate leaving him when he is upset, even though I know he'll be fine. Now I won't have to worry about how long it will take him to get in the groove. He's there :)

No comments:

Post a Comment