Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Deep Breath

A woman in our community passed away this weekend after battling cervical cancer for 9 months. She wasn't even 30. She has a blog where her journey has been shared. I have read parts of it off and on. Although I don't know her, her story is amazing. Her faith in God is so deep as is the faith of her parents. It is an amazing story. The following is the post her mom left today as closure to the blog. Amazing.


www.caringbridge.org/visit/stephanievasofsky

Dear prayer warriors.....where does one begin after the loss of a child? How do you begin to think and to put words together when you feel that loss? I know there have been many hits on this website awaiting a final closure for the journey that we all took with Stephanie, that journey called fighting cancer. I was reminded time and time again at the funeral home of the love that was out there....love for Stephanie, love for her family and love for her dear child, but the greatest love that I saw was the love each of you have for the Lord. As I stood by her bell and would glance over at the smiling face of my dear child, I was constantly reminded that she was singing and shouting with the angels....she was sitting at the right Hand of the Father. I could feel that peace that only a Blood Bought Child of God could feel. I felt the Grace that He gives, covering me. Was I sad.....of course, was I angry....never. He gave me 9 months to carry my daughter into this world and he then gave me 9 months to prepare for Him to take her Home. These past 9 months gave all of us a chance to see the true look of Faith, Stephanie showed it. These past 9 months gave us a chance to allow ourselves to make peace with death. Zoe was covered by the love of Jesus as she was given the opportunity to wean herself from a mother that was so very close to her, a mother that did everything to assure her child a healthy future, a mother that was so very proud of her baby. Zoe would stroke Stephanie so very gently as she would get up in bed with her, yet she would never "cry" for her. She would speak and smile so sweetly at her and you could see Stephanie "feel" the love coming from Zoe. I understand that love...it is a love that a mother showers her child with....it is just that love that I showered Stephanie with. To each mother reading this journal......love your child, love him/her unconditionally, love that child as if each day could be their last. Every day you hear of a car wreck or a sudden death....prepared for it, of course not, but live as if every day could be your last, YES. Never go to bed angry, never leave home angry, never speak words that can't be taken back. Love our Lord God with all of your being and your spouse with all of your heart and your children.....love them unconditionally. We are in the process of setting up the Stephanie Vasofsky Cervical Cancer Foundation to educate young women about the HPV virus and the vaccine that is available to prevent any other young woman from dying of this ugly disease. Stephanie left a legacy of love....she left so many friends and so many prayer warriors that gave so much of themselves to our family. She left us to carry on with what she started.....sharing love, sharing ourselves and sharing His Word. If each person that reads this one website can share His Word and His Love with just one person.......WOW, Steph's work on earth will be continuing!!!! As I close, I say to each of you....well done. You stayed the course with us and we all laid a very beautiful, loving lady to rest on Sunday. She may be gone from our eyes, but she will live forever in our hearts.


Mom

1 comment: