Wednesday, May 4, 2011

No pictures

I got in this mind set that every time I had a blog entry, it needed pictures. Which means i have to go get my camera, download pictures to the computer, then upload them to the blog. Not something I always have a chance to do at the moment. And then I remembered/realized, eh not every post needs a picture. So today, you get a blog post, no pictures.

We are desperately waiting spring here still. Every once and awhile we get a string of almost 70 degree days, but then there will be a horrible cold wind to go with it. Not so nice. Or we will have a frost warning for the night-like last night. Things might actually be looking up by this weekend though (fingers crossed). Good thing since school is drawing to a close. Summer is right around the corner.

Noah starts baseball practice tonight. We skipped spring soccer because the weather is always so cold and windy and miserable. Good decision I think. He wanted to try baseball. He has 4 for more weeks of school or so.

Elijah has one more full week and then some special things like a family picnic and end program. So he's pretty much done.

Leah only has one more day of school-next week. I know she will miss it the most. She is always so excited for Tuesday when she goes to school. It also marks the end of our attendance at that school. She will attend the same preschool as Elijah next year.

Every day this week has been busy. Monday all 3 kids had dentist appts. they all did so well. E sat in the chair all by himself and let them do x-rays. Leah sat in my lap, but she cooperated for x-rays too. The only thing that upset her was the flouride at the end. It's really sticky and she did not like that at all!

Tuesday Noah had a well-child check up. He's well except for his allergies. Poor kid is having a hard time this spring. His nose is itchy and so are his eyes. The dr gave him some eye drops. I've given them to him twice, but he throws a fit, refuses to open his eyes to let them run in. Not sure how much they'll help. He's supposed to see the allergist next week.
Then last night we went to the petstore after dinner to add the final fish to the new fish tank the Easter Bunny brought the boys. Pictures of them some day :)

Tonight is baseball practice, I have to take dinner to a new mom and then I'm going to a visitation for a friend. She delivered her twins last week, many months early. One baby's heart stopped beating before she was born, so her service is tonight. The other is in the NICU but getting stronger every day. She was just 2.5 pounds when she was born. (They knew the one baby probably wouldn't make it, but it's still heartbreaking.) Her 4 y/o daughter is E's best friend at school.

Tomorrow morning is muffins with mom at Noah's school and then a Den meeting that evening.

Phew what a crazy week. No wonder my kitchen looks the way it does!

No comments:

Post a Comment