Sunday, December 26, 2010

Random Christmas Pics

We made borax crystal ornaments. Super easy--I got a big box of borax at target (I'm sure they have it at wal-mart and other places) for a few dollars. You boil water, remove from heat and add the borax until it doesn't dissolve any more. I boiled 4 cups of water, my directions said add a tsp at a time, but we used a lot, so I'd say start with heaping tablespoons at first. Once you have your supersaturated solution pour it into a tall container--I used cheap plastic cups (clear). The borax crystallized on the bottom and was hard to remove so don't use something fragile or fancy. Make something with a pipe cleaner and hang it from a pencil into the solution. Let sit over night and wallah. If that doesn't make sense, just google borax crystals.



Posted by Picasa
Here's another of those crystals, the tree topper for my felt tree.


Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment